Today, we’re going to be looking at the ProFitness Genuine Leather Weightlifting Belt.
An incredibly well-received version of one of the most important pieces of weightlifting gear, I’m going to show you exactly why that is.
The following article will lay out all of the pros and, of course, the cons of this product to help you decide if it’s the right one for you.
Table of Contents
About the Manufacturer – ProFitness
ProFitness is an up-and-coming company out of Van Nuys in northern Los Angeles, California. Their specialty is equipment to help you train harder, but also safer.
Their range of products includes:
- Weightlifting belts
- Elbow sleeves
- Knee wraps
- Wrist straps
- Squat pads
Despite not having been around as long as some of the bigger names in the industry, ProFitness’s products are receiving rave reviews and favorable comparisons to their rival brands.
They even give out lifetime guarantees with ALL of their products to show their faith in the quality of their merchandise.
As a company, they have set out 2 clear missions:
- To provide any and all users with the ability “to take the next step in their fitness journey.”
- To “become the number one worldwide company to provide premium workout and gym-related equipment at affordable and reasonable prices.”
From the quality of their work to date and the feedback they receive from customers, it’s clear they are well on their way to achieving both of these goals.
What Is the ProFitness Weightlifting Belt?
The ProFitness weightlifting belt is a piece of equipment that is made with strength athletes, such as powerlifters and strongmen, in mind.
It is designed to help keep them safe while performing the extremely heavy lifts that are central to their sport and enable them to push their bodies to greater lengths than they would otherwise be capable of.
Made from high-quality leather, the belt receives rave reviews from consumers and exceeds many expectations. Its comfort, durability, and overall effectiveness make it one of the top belts for weight lifting and powerlifting.
Belt Details & Features
The ProFitness Genuine Leather Weightlifting Belt is a stylish looking belt made from thick, black leather, available with either red or white stitching.
It comes emblazoned with the company logo on the back.
It is 4 inches wide, the most common size for weightlifting belts, and maintains this width the entire way around instead of tapering in at the front — this continuity of size throughout assists with the important quality of being stretch and tear-resistant.
It comes with a classic, heavy-duty, two-prong metal buckle as its fastener. This allows for it to be fully adjustable and provide a non-slip fit.
To further the mission of being accessible to all, it is available in a range of sizes:
- Small: 23”- 31”
- Medium: 32”- 40”
- Large: 41”- 49”
This makes it suitable for users of all sizes and genders.
It comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the product and a lifetime warranty for breakages through regular use.
Click here to see the current price of this belt on Amazon.
5 Important Benefits Of the ProFitness Weightlifting Belt
- Strong, evenly-distributed build: Being made of thick leather that is of equal size throughout creates powerful and equally spread pressure at all points, providing better protection against injury and limiting the likelihood of it slipping. It also limits the possibility of breakages
- Simple and secure: The heavy-duty, double-prong buckle ensures the belt stays secure throughout the set and enables easy adjustment at any time.
- A broad range of sizes: Being available in multiple sizes that each provide a wide range ensures the majority of people will be able to get one to fit them properly.
- Attractive: The stylish appearance allows the user to be confident in their appearance and not feel self-conscious while using the belt.
- Low risk: The reasonable and more than affordable pricing makes it accessible to users from all backgrounds. Combining that with its 60-day money-back guarantee and lifetime warranty makes it a risk-free purchase.
Want to see more benefits? Check out these real customer reviews on Amazon.
4 Negatives Of the ProFitness Weightlifting Belt
- Break-in period required: Thick leather can take a while to break in, and this belt has a tendency to dig in until that occurs.
- Not as tight as other options: Using a buckle as opposed to a lever can limit how tight you can do the belt up and make it more awkward to close at the tightest settings in the first place.
- Fastening can be fiddly: Being double prong, as opposed to single, means it takes longer to adjust and can also limit tightness.
- Non-inclusive sizing: Failing to have sizes above large, with a maximum user size of 49”, makes it inaccessible to some of the larger potential customers out there, which are relatively common in the world of strongman and powerlifting.
Wrapping Up This ProFitness Weightlifting Belt Review
All in all, this is a fantastic product, with a multitude of reasons to make a potential customer buy it.
As with anything, there are a few negatives. However, these are largely minor issues that are unavoidable or will only affect a select few.
- Provides consistent tension
- Sturdy material
- Will stand up to wear and tear
- Easily adjustable
- Available in multiple sizes
- Risk-free quality and satisfaction guaranteed
- Can be uncomfortable until broken in
- Limited maximum tightness
- Not available for some “plus-size” users
As you can see, the list of “pros” dwarfs that of the “cons,” both in length and nature.
This is a high quality, great value belt that thoroughly deserves the stellar reviews it receives. Outside of being unavailable to the largest of users, there are no real concerns, as the other negatives are mild irritations at best.
I would highly recommend the ProFitness Genuine Leather Weightlifting Belt to anyone looking for a weightlifting belt, and even to some who aren’t.
Overall Rating: 9 out of 10