Within the past few years, Kinobody has been on a rampage turning the fitness industry on its head creating a physique training program for the every day man. Founder Greg O Gallagher, has created a business aimed at not only build the body of your dreams, but also create a lifestyle to support looking like a Greek God.
Kinobody offers workout programs, such as Aggressive Fat Loss and the Greek God Program (which we reviewed here), books on training and nutrition, hundreds of hours of YouTube videos, a Kinobody quiz to help you pick a training fitness goal, and their own supplement line to help center your life around building the physique you’ve always wanted. Today we will review their pre-workout supplement: Kinobody’s Kino Octane Pre Workout.
Table of Contents
Affiliate Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links from Amazon and other third parties. We earn a commission from any purchases made through these links. However, you’re under no obligation to purchase anything and we promise that all our recommendations are based on honest research.
What is Kino Octane Pre-Workout?
The subject of our review is Kino Octane which is Kinobody’s all-natural research backed pre-workout supplement. Kino Octane contains only 8 ingredients, all aimed to boost resting metabolic rate, cognitive focus and muscular recovery. This pre-workout can be stacked with other recovery supplements, such as branch chained amino acids (BCAAs), be a stand-alone workout supplement or even be a coffee substitute because of the solid caffeine kick it provides.
Since Kino Octane is made from all-natural ingredients, this supplement can be taken at any time of the day. Use it as your morning cup of joe, an afternoon pick me up, or most importantly as a jump start to a great lifting session.
Kinobody Octane Nutrition Details
As stated earlier Kino Octane utilizes eight natural ingredients, hence the oct- in octane. Here we will discuss the benefits of each ingredient in detail; don’t get thrown off by the scientific names, we’ll lay it out for you in easy to understand concepts.
- Thiamin – Also known as vitamin B1, thiamin will allow you to accelerate the recovery process from exercise-induced fatigue. This ingredient helps regulate glucose levels to decrease the onset of fatigue so you can lift heavier for longer.
- Biotin – The key ingredient to mobilizing stored carbohydrates. Carbohydrates, in the form of glucose, are the primary source of energy for muscle tissue. Biotin helps release the stored forms of carbohydrates, allowing more glucose and thus more energy to be available for the muscles as they need it.
- Sodium – Here sodium’s role is two-fold. First sodium, with aid from potassium, helps maintain hydration levels. Both ingredients act as electrolytes allowing your body to accurately monitor water intake and output. Second, sodium acts as a buffer and helps reduce fatigue and the “burning” sensation when intensity starts to ramp up.
- Potassium – Aside from being an electrolyte and maintaining hydration levels, potassium is also a key component of shuttling nutrients to our cells, thus boosting muscle recovery. This ingredient gives us a jump start on the repairs our tissues will need after some heavy lifting.
- L-Citrulline – Citrulline is an amino acid (form of protein) naturally made by our body. By taking supplemental citrulline we can increase blood flow to the working tissues. Studies have shown that this increased blood flow can extend peak performance times by up to 12% before exhaustion sets in.
- Eleutherococcus – Eleutherococcus is an all-around great supplement. From boosting to your immune system to increased blood flow to the brain, this difficult to pronounce stimulant is a must have in your pre-workout. Your body will experience increased focus, energy and blood flow with this ingredient alone.
- Natural Caffeine – The other stimulant present in Kino Octane is natural caffeine. Listed as the number two top ingredient for a pre-workout supplement (second only to creatine), caffeine increases power output and the ability to produce force quickly. We’re jazzed to see this on Kino Octane’s list of ingredients.
- L-Theanine – Last but not least on the list is theanine. For those worried about getting the jitters from the two previously mentioned stimulants, worry no more. Theanine is a natural stress relief often paired with caffeine to increase focus while maintaining blood pressure control, so you don’t feel cracked out.
Kino Octane Review Benefits
The first benefit that should stand out is that Kino Octane is made with all-natural ingredients. Everything listed on the label is either already made in the body or something we can easily gain from eating whole foods; Kinobody does us the favor of putting them all together in one easy to use supplement.
Kino Octane does not have to be just a pre-workout supplement. Unlike other pre-workouts that provide “energy” by overloading the supplement with stimulants, this preworkout maintains a balance between stimulation and recovery. This means it can be used any day at any time.
Trying to cut back on coffee intake? Take Kino Octane. Need an afternoon boost? Use Kino Octane. Body short on electrolytes after the weekend? Boost your sodium and potassium intake with Kino Octane.
Even if you are only using Kino Octane as a pre-workout you will still gain the additional benefits- starting the recovery process through thiamin, increased glucose mobilization from biotin (which can aid in fat loss), and the focusing effects of theanine, caffeine and eleutherococcus.
Kinobody Octane Review Negatives
There are downsides to any supplement you can take. Ingesting too much of any ingredient, no matter how natural, can have adverse side effects. Even though Kino Octane can be taken any time of day it is not advised to use this as your go to for all energy problems.
The other issue one may have with this supplement is the price for the amount of servings you get. At nearly $40 for 21 servings, it will be easy to find a cheaper supplement with more servings per container. But as with everything, you get what you pay for. Wanting to use a high-quality supplement comes with a price tag.
Kino Octane Review – Final Word
|Summary||Kino Octane is a pre-workout created by Kinobody that promises to provide the necessary focus and energy to perform well during a typical gym workout. The supplement formula includes thiamin, biotin, sodium, potassium, l-citrulline, eleutherococcus, caffeine, and l-theanine. While this product is blended with natural ingredients and provides a consistent flow of energy without feeling jittery, it's priced on the expensive side. If you can justify paying a little more for a pre-workout, this supplement should be effective at fueling your workouts.|
|Rating||3.75 (out of 5)|
The success Kinobody has had with its customers has not happened by accident. O Gallagher and his team have created beneficial workout programs and supplements alike. Kino Octane uses natural ingredients, balances stimulants and recovery supplements, and comes in 5 different flavors.
Despite the price per serving, this product is still worth trying. Enhance your focus, your drive, your time to exhaustion, AND your recover with Kinobody’s Kino Octane.