Getting jacked and tanned has never been so easy. In the age of the internet and social media, information spreads like wild fire. We’ve sifted through the bullshit though and found the best programs for you build the dream physique.
Below we outline the 5 best Kinobody workouts to help you get shredded fast; all that will be left is spending time in the sun to reach the optimal level of bronze.
Table of Contents
Affiliate Disclaimer: We earn commission from purchases made through affiliate links that appear on this page.
1. Dual Pyramid Training, a.k.a the Superhero Bulking Workout
The Superhero Bulking Kinobody Workout is split between two pyramid training schemas: Reverse Pyramid Training (RPT) and Standard Pyramid Training. It’s important to denote the difference since the rep schema of RPT will account for 75% of muscle building in compound movements, while standard pyramid training accounts for the other 25%.
When performing movements following RPT the premise is to perform the heaviest set first (after warm-ups have been completed). This is done so the body is fresh while attempting the heaviest lift; for each subsequent set, decrease the weight by 10% and aim for as many reps possible, without sacrificing form. Rest 3-4 minutes between these types of sets to allow for full muscle recovery.
For movements falling under the Standard Pyramid scheme, the goal is to fatigue the muscles and maximize volume. This is done by performing several sets with only 30-60s rest between. Use the same weight for all the sets; you should be able to perform about 12 reps on the first set, and as fatigue sets in, reps will decrease.
This workout, found in this Kinobody’s blog post The Superhero Bulking Program – Dual Pyramid Training, is split into three days as follows:
Day 1- Chest & Triceps
- Incline barbell bench press: 3 sets- 5,6,8 reps (RPT)
- Flat barbell bench press: 2 sets- 6, 8 reps (RPT)
- Incline DB flyes or cable cross overs: 6 sets- 12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 6 (Standard)
- Skull crushers: 3 sets- 6, 8, 10 reps (RPT)
- Rope extensions: 6 sets- 12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 6 (Standard)
Day 2- Back & Biceps
- Weighted chin ups: 3 sets- 5,6,8 reps (RPT)
- Cable rows: 6 sets- 12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 6 (Standard)
- Bent over flyes: 3 sets- 8-12 reps with 1-2 mins rest between
- Inclide DB curls: 3 sets- 5, 6, 8 reps (RPT)
- Cable rope curls (hammer grip): 6 sets- 12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 6 (Standard)
Day 3- Shoulders & Legs
- Seated DB shoulder press: 3 sets- 5, 6, 8 reps (RPT)
- Hang cleans or sumo deadlifts: 3 sets- 5, 6, 8 reps (RPT)
- Lateral raises: 6 sets- 12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 6 (Standard)
- Pistol squats or Bulgarian split squats: 3 sets- 6 reps with 2 min rest between
- Standing DB one leg calf raise: 3 sets- 12, 10, 8
Want a complete “done-for-you” system for building a superhero body?
Getting in shape isn’t easy. But this program gives you a real-life approach to building an elite, Hollywood body without obsessing over fitness 24/7.
2. Warrior Physique Training
Warrior Training still utilizes a split strength training routine, but with significantly lower volume and intensiveness. This program found on the Kinobody website (Achieving the Warrior Physique Part 2 – Training) minimizes bulk while still shedding fat, giving a full but lean looking physique.
Alternate between Kinobody workout A & B 3 days a week on non-consecutive days. For example:
- Week 1 day 1 – Workout A
- Week 1 day 2 – Workout B
- Week 1 day 3 – Workout A
- Week 2 day 1 – Workout B
- Week 2 day 2 – Workout A, and so on.
Here are the details:
- Incline barbell bench press: 3 sets x 4-6 reps
- Standing barbell press: 3 sets x 4-6 reps
- Weighted dips: 2 sets x 6-8 reps
- Barbell upright row: (medium grip) 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Hanging leg raises: 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- 15-20 minutes of low intensity cardio (optional)
- Weighted chin ups: 3 sets x 4-6 reps
- Barbell or DB curls: 3 sets x 4-6 reps
- Bulgarian split squats: 2 sets x6-8 reps
- Cable rope face pulls: 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Dip bar leg raises: 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- 15-20 minutes of low intensity cardio (optional)
This workout is based on a premium program called The Warrior Shredding Program of which we wrote a very detailed review.
3. The Christian Bale Workout
Christian Bale, the American psycho. Who wouldn’t want a chiseled physique like that?
This Kinobody workout program, The Christian Bale Workout for Getting American Psycho Shredded, builds on the muscle gained through Warrior Physique training; even if you haven’t gone through the warrior workouts, don’t hesitate to jump into this “psycho” split to build your shredded physique.
Monday/Friday- Strength Training
- Incline dumbbell bench press: 3 sets x 4-6 reps (2 mins rest between)
- Pull ups (with weight if needed): 3 sets x 4-6 reps (2 mins rest)
- Lateral raises: 3 sets x 8-12 reps (60s rest)
- Standing DB curls: 2 sets x 6-8 reps (90s rest)
- Bar dips (with weight if needed): 2 sets x 6-8 reps (90s rest)
Wednesday/Saturday- Strategic Cardio
- High intensity intervals: On a treadmill, bike, elliptical or sprinting outside perform either 30s hard sprint/30s easy x12 or 60s hard sprint/60s easy x8
- Low intensity cardio: on any piece of cardio equipment perform 15-30 steady pace, equivalent to walking
- Hanging leg raises: 3 sets x 8-12 reps (90s rest)
- Kneeling ab wheel roll outs: 2 sets x 8-12 reps (90s rest)
4. The Ryan Gosling Workout
Believe it or not, Ryan Gosling used to be a skinny teenager with little visible muscle mass. This workout regime has helped him pack on muscle and get shredded!
It emphasizes building a solid chest, interval training for powerful legs, body weight movements for creating the V taper and volume, volume, volume plus some variety for an all-around shredded bod.
Days 1 & 4: Chest, Back & Abs
- Incline bench press: 4 sets x 8 reps
- Pull ups: 4 sets x 8 reps
- Weighted wide grip dips: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Cable rows: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Hanging leg raises: 3 sets x max reps
- Plank: 5 minutes total is as many sets as it takes
Days 2 & 5: Shoulders, Arms and Intervals
- Seated DB shoulder press: 4 sets x 8 reps
- Lateral raises: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Bent over rear delts: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Standing DB curls: 4 sets x 8 reps
- Skull crushers: 4 sets x 8 reps
- Intervals: 30s sprint (treadmill or bike)/ 90s rest; repeat for a total of 16 minutes – 10-20 mins steady state cardio (like walking) if needed for additional fat loss
Day 3, 6, & 7: REST
5. The Henry Cavill Workout
Superman, otherwise known as Henry Cavill, was built with a mixture of tension and pump training. The idea here is to increase weight each week (tension work) to increase muscle strength, then mix in sets with high repetitions (pump work) to increase muscle size.
This Kinobody workout split closely resembles that of the dual pyramid training and should be performed on non-consecutive days to allow for full muscle recovery.
Workout A: Upperbody
- Incline bench press: 2 sets x 6-8 reps + 2 sets x 8-10 reps (2-3 mins rest)
- Seated cable rows: 2 sets x 6-8 reps + 2 sets x 8-10 reps (2-3 mins rest)
- Flat DB bench press: 4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 (30s rest)
- Barbell curls: 3 sets x 6-8 reps (2 mins rest)
- Skull crushers: 3 sets x 8-12 reps (2 mins rest)
- DB lateral raises: 5 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 + 12-15 (30s rest)
Workout B: Legs and Abs
- Barbell squats: 3 sets x 6-8 reps (3 mins rest)
- Romanian deadlifts: 3 sets x 8-10 reps (2 mins rest)
- Leg extensions: 3 sets x 10-15 reps (90s rest)
- Calf raises: 3 sets x 10-15 reps (60s rest)
- Hanging leg raises: 4 sets x 10-12 reps (60-90s rest)
- Ab wheel roll outs: 4 sets x 10-15 reps (60-90s rest)
Workout C: Upperbody
- Ctanding barbell press: 2 sets x 6-8 reps + 2 sets x 8-10 reps (2-3 mins rest)
- Weighted pull ups: 2 sets x 6-8 reps + 2 sets x 8-10 reps (2-3 mins rest)
- Incline DB bench press: 4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps (30s rest)
- Incline DB curls: 3 sets x 6-8 reps (2 mins rest)
- Cable tricep push downs: 3 sets x 8-12 reps (60s rest)
- One arm cable lateral raises: 5 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 + 12-15 (30s rest)
Which Kinobody Workout is Right for You?
There you have it; 5 different kinobody programs that will get you ripped quick. The workouts don’t take much time to complete, and at most you’ll only need to be in the gym 4 times a week, but intensity and incrementally increasing the weight will be key to building your jacked physique.